In this article, we’ll explore how to create a Customizable Exception Table Template.
Customizing the Exception Table
While you can already create templates for contracts, amendments, and Screening Reports, you can also customize your exception tables. Exception Table Templates can be used to customize fonts, styles, header/footer, and adding a logo.
Download the Reference Template
Download the Customizable Exception Table Template file for Excel at the bottom of this article. You’ll be able to add a logo if desired, as well as a header, footer, and various fonts/styles.
Add the Exception Table as a Template
After customizing your Exception Table Template, you can add it to your account.
Follow the steps below to add an Exception Table to the Templates Page of DocJuris.
1. Login to app.docjuris.com.
2. From the Dashboard, navigate to the Templates Page by clicking the Templates tab.
3. On the Templates Page, click the “Add Template” button on the top righthand corner.
4. In the “Add Template” menu, drag and drop or select your customized Exception Table file in the box.
5. If desired, add an optional description in the Description field.
6. Under the “Template Type” dropdown menu, select “Exception Table”, then click the “Upload Template” button.
Note: If you want a particular Export file (either an Amendment or Exception Table) to apply to a specific Contract Type, you can select a Contract Type to be associated with that file in the Contract Type field before uploading the template.
Click inside the Contract Type field and begin typing to select from one of our default Contract Types. You can press “delete” on your keyboard to clear the selection. This field can also be left blank.
That’s it! Once you’ve added your customized Exception Table Template to the Templates Page, your file will appear beneath the “Export Templates” section, listed beneath your Contracts Templates.
For more information, check out our detailed article on automating amendments and exception tables.
You can also check out our FAQ article on how to create an exception table/amendment from a comparison with markup conversion.